Saturday, April 27, 2013

Xibalba

I had a reference to Xibalba (the Mayan Underworld) in my first published story, Fiery Icicle. And that got me researching regarding the mythology and the fine line between angels and demons and how each culture depicts one as good and the other as bad. Can you see where I'm going with this? Not yet? Well.... actually..the angels whom we're trained to think as "good" by default aren't really the good guys in all cultures. And coupled with the fact that the winners re-write history.... it's something to think about - eh? At least the research I do to write my stories is giving me way too much food for thought and what use are those if I don't share ;) 

2 comments:

  1. Like Santa Claus is different in every culture.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting how different cultures view angels and demons, good and evil. I hope your research proves to be good nourishment for your writing!

    ReplyDelete